Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lesson Planning - Component 4




Considering Motivation and Motivational Techniques



Considering Motivation and Motivational Techniques


I chose this component in order to learning how to motivate the adult learners in my class. Being able to motivate a learner intrinsically is a deeper and more compelling motivation where the learner will retain their knowledge long after the reward is gone. Intrinsic motivation comes from within. This learner will be self driven and eager to achieve. Extrinsic motivation is derived from external factors such as rewards which motivate the learner to succeed but to a far lesser degree than the learner that is internally driven.

Using the ARCS model I know this will improve my instruction by asking myself daily;
  • Attention …do I have theirs?
  • Relevance …do they know? or am I assuming they know?
  • Confidence …who is? and who isn’t ? or is it just my perception?
  • Satisfaction … I think they are, I hope they are! Are they?

Source;

Learner Centred Methodologies; Motivating Factors in Adult Learning
Rhonda Wynne, Ireland.

No comments :

Post a Comment